Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Texas Beer 5k


At first, I thought this was some kind of competition, and I thought beer and running seemed like an odd combination. Then I found that it's actually a tour of the city put on by City Running Tours. You go on a 3-mile run with a guide who tells you about Austin bars and restaurants, and at the end, you sample some brewskis.

This still seems like an odd combination to me since I despise running, but I've been told that there are those who don't get painful stitches in their sides and want to throw up when they run - some people even do it for FUN!! And the TripAdvisor reviews are uniformly positive. 

So, if you enjoy running and beer, and you want to learn more about Austin, check out Texas Beer 5k from City Running Tours.

No comments:

Post a Comment