Monday, February 3, 2014

Ziosk


Have you seen one of these yet??? It's called a Ziosk, and it's awesome! We went to Chili's the other day, and it was on our table. It's an interactive screen attached to your table that allows you to order drinks or dessert and check yourself out at your table - no more waiting for a waitperson to run your card for you!

It also has games, news and sports that you can play/read while you wait for your food to arrive. Genius! These features would be especially nice for the solo diner. I can't tell you how many times I've stopped to eat somewhere alone and wished I had a book or newspaper or something to occupy myself while I waited.

My fervent hope is to see these screens at many more restaurants in the near future. Being able to add dessert to our order or check ourselves out without having to wait for a server would be SO nice. The one feature I'd suggest they add is a call button so you could call your server if you did need them. That'd be much more convenient than trying to flag them down as they happen to zip by with someone else's food. Yay for technology!

No comments:

Post a Comment